Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
May 27th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Feeling rough we made it to the beach at around 10.30. We spent a few hours in the sun and played some frisbee and Mark was molested by everybody selling things. His nipples being a source of fascination for many. Not wanting to get burnt we headed back to the hotel for a quick shower and then went for a massage, which was fantastic. We cant believe that we have been away for four months and this was the first one. Feeling far more relaxed we headed home to eat and watch 'Hostel'. We then washed the massage oil off ourselves and found Lily and Sam and went for a few drinks but were back in bed early on. During our little night out there was a massive thunder and lightning storm which appeared to be right above the bar we were in. We used this as an excuse to have a few more drinks.

Meanwhile...Mr culture was...

also feeling rough. By this time i had realised i was the only resident staying at the guesthouse. So fumbling downstairs I was greeted by the old lady obviously still laughing at me from the previous night. This was my last full day in Saigon and I was not going to do too much thats for sure. After 'brunch' I decided to go for a walk into the parts of town were tourists either didnt go, or didnt want to go. I soon realised this was a good thing. It was nice to only see vietnammese, and they weren't at all interested in where i was going or if i wanted food. It was calming. There wasnt a great deal to see, apart from an array of motorbike repair shops, but it was pleasant enough.

The afternoon was spent shopping for reading material and writeing emails. After the success of the night before, Zoe and I met up for so 'western' dinner (i.e. a massive burger) at a very swanking place, and decided to hit the clubs. We had a great evening, and once again I had felt bad about waking the old lady to let me in, even thuogh she spent all day past out on the 'comunial' sofa. She again found it hillarious; takes all sorts I guess.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb