We do like to be beside the sea side......


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
October 18th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear all

We had a 4 hour bus ride with beautiful clear blue skies down to Sihanoukville. As soon as we entered the town it started to rain, and when it rains it buckets down. Fortunately the hotel was lovely with a pool and cafe so at least we kept dry for lunch. It stopped raining and we headed out to explore.

Sihnaoukville has been named Costa del Cambodia but it really isn't. It's a small town with lots of Cambodians trying to make a living....'"tuk tuk sir", "buy bracelet, buy massage" 100 times a day. When the sun was shining the following day I was lying on the beach and so many women approached me offering a pedicure (on the beach, not sure how) and also touching my legs saying that they were very hairy and they could wax them for me! I don't know why Dean didn't get his chest done!









One day we hired push bikes again and went around the beaches. The private beach with the only 5 star hotel was obviously the best but very expensive. We chilled out there before trying to find somwhere
Beach BarBeach BarBeach Bar

This was at the private beach but couldn't take our camera down to the other beaches as it would have been nicked!
for lunch. Our bike ride lasted over 2 hours and I almost died, up hill in the mid day sun.....never again. Dean found it easy which made me madder!

We stayed three nights but could have stayed longer. The night life is good and it's quite a party town....maybe we're a bit too old for that now! We figured we'd have plenty of beach time in Thailand. So we headed up to the capital Phnom Penh again and spent the following day booking buses, flights etc for the next leg.

Next stop Siem Reap and the Angkor temples

Lowri and Dean


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lowri in painLowri in pain
Lowri in pain

That was a gentle hill compared to the others.....


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb