Siem Reap


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
May 21st 2011
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were greeted when we got of the bus by a man waving a placard with our names on it - we had sort of arranged this but decided to find our own hotel rather than go with him, and we found a very good one for around $4 a night. A proper hotel.

We arranged for tuk tuks to pick us up in the morning and take us on a tour of the Angor temples. It was stupidly hot and the grounds are massive, but the temples are incredible. Angkor Thom is more impressive than Angkor Wat to me - and between the two we found some monkeys! We fed them and ran from them when they thought we were getting a bit too close. We were confident they liked us but not too confident!

The centre of Siem Reap is strange - hundreds of restaraunts and fish massage parlours everywhere, and at night hundreds of prostitutes! I had to leave a bar we were at early with 'stomach problems' and encountered them. Like flies on shit they were. Obviously more to do with my money than me... I had to move quickly anyway so they werent able to harass me for long.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb