Ko Phi Phi


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The journey from Siem Reap to Phi Phi was massive. We left early morning and arrived at the Thai border at peak time for the sun, which made the hour border crossing in the beating sun absolutely terrible. 35 degrees, whilst we had to our luggage about and fill out paper work. Horrible. We reached Bangkok at 6.30pm, which meant he was also got to experience rush hour during monsoon rain, not fun. Moved very little for an hour and a half.

The train we were hoping to catch was at 7.30pm and we arrived there at 7pm, needless to say it was full, so we got a bus down that night, at the same time. We paid over the odds, the guy got definitely tell we were in a rush and did not want to spend another night in Bangkok. It wasnt a sleeper bus, it was reclining seats. Mine did not recline. I still slept though, magically.

Phuket to Phi Phi on the boat was the last leg, and was also difficult. Got there around 5pm, meaning we had been travelling for around 35 hours with very little stop. Phuket was ok, pretty tacky but there was a Tesco that had a boots, macdonalds and KFC inside so it felt like a very hot Plymouth for an hour or so.

Phi Phi is very nice. Amazing beaches and a good party at night, although the loud basslines do get pretty boring after a couple of nights. We did a budget boat trip which took us to a lagoon where we swam, a coral reef and a good area for snorkelling. There were some stunning views. Final stop was Maya Bay, where 'The Beach' is filmed. The actual beach is incredible, but inland is becoming spoilt by building developments.

We left Phi Phi on the 16th May, a good time because my bout of diarrhoea was ending. Not fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb