Yangon to Inle Lake


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
January 22nd 2015
Published: January 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while you've heard from us, that's because the internet connection in this country is so slow if we had been updating the blog we wouldn't have seen anything of the country...

So we left you back in Yangon. From there we took the train to Inle Lake. I have to say very very bad mistake. Please do not ever take the train in Burma... It's the trip from hell. The first train took us to Thazi, a 10 hour ride, Just imagine being on a rollercoaster for that amount of time. At some point you are going to be sick. On the positive side that train had upper class seats, meaning comfortable, reclining seats. Unlike the second day... There we took a train from Thazi to Shwenyaung, near the Inle Lake. This train only offered hard seats maybe explaining why we were the only westerners on it... That was another very long and uncomfortable day followed by a day of recovering before being capable of doing anything else. But I should mention the scenery was quite amazing from the train as it made its way through the mountains.

Enjoy the pictures (only took me most of the afternoon to upload them!!) and more later on the Inle Lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb