Yangon


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
January 6th 2015
Published: January 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We landed in Yangon on Monday, all went as planned. For those thinking of coming here, we had no problem getting in using the newly established evisa procedure and we walked through immigration in less than two minutes.

We have set us ourselves two days to explore Yangon. On our first day, we mostly concentrated on visiting some of the many pagodas in this city. We actually started off with the Shwedagon pagoda, the biggest and most impressive one of all. Much to see and of course beautiful but just as impressive is the whole athmosphere with the burmese people who come there to prey, meditate, relax, talk... It is very peaceful. While this visit was definitely one of the hihlights on our trip, it seems we were the day's highlight for some of the Burmese visitors. They would look and smile at us, the braver ones coming up to us and asking to have our picture taken with their relatives. The children pointing at us and asking their parents from what planet we had just landed!

Just a few pictures as the wifi not the fastest here... as expected.

We look forward to seeing more today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb