Feel the Peace of Myanmar in the Ancient City of Bagan


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
November 6th 2017
Published: November 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Travel to Bagan - you will see time seems to stop, peaceful space is well mixed with friendly people here.

Morning in the ancient city begins with the steps of the monks. Bagan and Angkor Wat relics are the two most significant representatives of the unique architectural in the history of Theravada Buddhism. Bagan's vestiges with more than 2000 temples dotted in the massive greenery plain stand through the test of time.

The sun rises, red dust rolls in every footsteps and the turn of bikes and the tinkling horsecart running in the grimy trails. In the dry season, yellow leaves falls on both sides of the pathways and the sun shines so that the sand is hotter at the feet, making the temples of red earth glow like fire. The air is red, the color of sky and the stems are also dyed with a bright sun.

Visiting temples is a must in every Bagan Tours . The vestige complex does not collect entrance fees for each location but at the gateway to the city. $ 25 is the fee to enter this historic city. The horse cart took us to Old Bagan, the sophisticated temple complex with ancient walls. The temples stand in the sun, the wind and the sand or the rain rhyme among heaven and earth.

A glorious civilization that once existed still exists in everyday life. The road was full with red dust, pedestrians give way to the horse cart to go through. The kids went to school on bicyclists, waved their hands and waved at visitors and shrines on the sides of the vast plains.

"Mingalarbar..Mingalarbar..Mingalarbar .." - around the red earth road.

The sun seemed to take away all the power of the guests who swaying on the carriage horse. The sound of the cart was clear in the quietness of noon. The winds of rustling and the temples appear in the sun, behind the branches of low and near trees. Stopping in Sulamani temple, I stayed back to have a snack with flour-flavored pastries, drink milk tea, sip the wild apples around it and take a nap in the cool air of the 1000 year old temple.

In the afternoon, the cars brought hundreds of visitors to Thatbyinnyu, the highest temple in Bagan to watch the sunset spectacular.

I followed the path of Bagan's people to the temple, climbing to the top floor of Sulamani. From here, stretching out to immense valleys, the red glow of the red glows down the far horizon, enveloping a glowing orange color on the shrines, onto the bare branches, the herds crawling on the cage makes the dust pink. Like the scenery of an arid desert, everything is magical in the dust. And from here, you can take a closer look at Kyansittha umin tunnels with famous paintings more than 1000 years old. Migala Zedi - a great temple built in the 13th century and Ananda Temple with the tallest tower in Myanmar.

The night quickly covered the temple roofs and stars started sparkling. The temples are solid and quiet in the thick darkness, present in dreams, alternating with swaying horses on red earth color road surfaces. The bright smile of the local groom was beautiful in the sunshine when he showed guests the attractions here.

>> Tourists can try a completely different way of travelling in Bagan with Burma cruises

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb