The Best Things to Discover in Mandalay


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Mandalay Region
November 22nd 2017
Published: November 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

When it comes to Myanmar, one of the most special destinations that you cannot forget visiting is Mandalay - the brightest highlight of Burmese culture. The region witnessed the last Burmese monarchy to thrive and end which now features a wide range of worth contemplating sights and potential attractions that tourists can hardly refuse experiencing. Blessed with moderate weather and ideal location on the bank of the mighty river Irrrawaddy, Mandalay is a popular spot in the itinerary of Myanmar River Cruisesbringing visitors to the glorious time of Burmese history.

Visiting Shwenandaw Kyaung (Golden Palace Monastery)

Being built by King Mindon in the mid-19th century and known as the only surviving traditional building which is based on Burmese-style temple of Mandalay’s royal palaces, the image of Shwenandaw Kyaung in everyone’s mind has never been faded. When coming to this historic temple, you will be full of admiration beacause both exterior and interior of the monastery are decorated with sophiticated wood carvings. Moreover, you even can contemplate several Burmese dynastries’ diverse vestiges that have existed for hundreds of years.

Discovering Mandalay Hill

The feeling of how breathtaking Mandalay Hill’s scenes are will be along with you forever. In fact, to have a sense of Mandalay’s pancake-flat sprawl, you need to climb the 760 ft hill in which the main part of the exeprience is waking up covered stairways on the hill's southern slope. Please notice that when passing through various temples and pagodas, it is essential to walk with no shoes. The amount of time that is suitable for you to conquer the top of this large hill is at least 30 minutes, however, you can absolutely catch the sunset to deeply enjoy the whole city’s beauty.

Contemplating Kuthodaw and the World's Largest Book

On the top of Mandalay Hill, visitors can easily spot an impressive construction dominating a massive area below, that is the gilded Kuthodaw pagoda and its shrines containing the precious treasure of Burmese culture. The teachings of Gautama Buddha are inscripted in the marble slabs placed in 729 white stupas rowing around the Royal merit pagoda - Kuthodaw. Tourists can not only have a chance to contemplate the beauty of the structure from the height but also come to take a closer look at the heritage.

Enjoying Street Foods

Cuisine is always considered as the embodiment of culture in every place, including Mandalay. If you has one opportunity to setting food in this Myanmar’s sencond biggest city, let’s spend time tasting its street foods. There are some typicle names that you need to remind when considering trying are tempting salads, soups, curries, stir-fry and pork stick stall as well. Over the course of the globalization, Chinese cuisine, Indian cuisine and Thai cuisine have become an interesting inspiration of foods’ taste and their arrangement on the dishes in Mandalay’s cuisine which are elevated into the high - end class by the incredible chefs of Sanctuary Ananda cruises .

Coming to Mandalay – the land of miracles in what to see and do, you have many options to get this destination like boats, domestic flights, buses and so on. Especially, by choosing Burma river cruises, your trip will become more perfect as you can enjoy every spectacular sights.

In order to have more options in transportation to cross the river, let’s take a look in this website: https://luxurymyanmarrivercruises.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb