"YES! my disease has taken over the world! Oh don't worry it's just a game" - Ellie 2014


Advertisement
Africa
July 3rd 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I really hate saying goodbye!
Jooles, Mira, Callum and Victor left this weekend. This was one of the first big goodbyes I've had here and even though I've known them for just three weeks, it feels like so much longer given the amount of time we all spend together.

Thursday night was filled with games and riddles. An awful lot of pattern games were played which were infuriating, both before when the pattern was unclear and after when it is so glaringly obvious you curse yourself for not seeing it sooner!
A few riddles were thrown about after, further annoying a lot of us.

"What breaks but doesn't fall and what falls but doesn't break", "If tom goes into town on Tuesday, stays three days and returns on Tuesday. How is this possible?" And finally "what is greater than god, worse than hell, the poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you die?"
If you're a fairly literal person like me who likes to know the answer to things then these will annoy you too.

Friday night was spent playing a variety of card games with Camilla, Mira, Shane, Edwardo, Jooles and Sami. I taught them good morning jack which is a game consisting of a variety of actions that correspond to specific cards. Que mayhem.
The same pattern followed for Saturday night except this time a fair bit of drink was involved. Prior to this however as we were leaving the bar we witnessed a nasty car crash resulting from speeding and lack of headlights. Luckily nobody was seriously injured but one passenger did have a nasty cut to the forehead. The drivers here are insanely dangerous.

Sunday in PE means one thing - flea markets! They're amazing, full of unusual sculptures, art and jewellery as well as the usual tat. If it hadn't of been a cold day I would have stayed there for hours.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb