Wimping Out


Advertisement
Africa
November 9th 2011
Published: November 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of tour
Left Nakuru at 8am and this was a travelling day to Eldoret. We stopped at Nakuru and wandered around the town as Peter, our cook, purchased groceries.

They must see many tourists in Nakuru as when we disembarked from the truck we were swarmed by vendors selling craft items. Most buildings in the town were constructed with bricks and mortar or concrete, and had a maximum of two storeys. Not very many sights other than looking around and taking in the atmosphere.

We continued with our journey, and ate lunch along the side of the road. It was a very rough ride with tons of potholes, and we had the worst seats on the truck; at the back.

Then we stopped at Eldoret to purchase more groceries and had around 30 min to explore. Our goal: Doinyo Lessos Creameries Cheese Factory. Outcome: goal not met!

When we arrived at the Eldoret campsite (Nairebi Campsite) we were given a tour of the grounds and they were beautiful! The restaurant looked like it was in an underground cave, the rooms had plenty space, the rooms also had separate balconies with views overlooking the forest, and just to give you an indication of the style, they hosted Bill Gates in Dec 2009. The upgrade to the room was $65 and after a very chilly night the day before, we decided to treat ourselves!
Then we stopped at Eldoret to purchase more groceries and had approx 30 min to walk arr

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb