Nicest Smelling Pit Toilet That You Have Ever Seen


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
November 8th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 / Day 1 of tour

Met group at 7am and left for Lake Nakuru National Park.

We ate sandwich lunches at the entrance of the park, and we were quickly surrounded by monkeys. One of the people in our group was chased by a monkey as she tried to take a picture, and a monkey lunged at me as I was guarding the garbage can and I hissed back. Monkey: 0, me: 1. Sure, I know I'm a lot bigger!

We went on a game drive at Lake Nakuru. Lake Nakuru is a soda lake and is known for it's high concentration of flamingos but due to the time of year there were very few. I'm probably repeating myself from an earlier blog, but the highlight was three lions, two were sitting in a tree, and one was on the ground. They were so close to the truck, that the one on the top of the tree could jump on the truck if it wanted tourist snacks. 😉 The lions were adolescent males, and it looked like the one at the top of the tree was scared of climbing down. Similar to cats back home... We also saw white rhinos, black rhinos, zebras, impalas, a fish eagle and cranes. The white rhino isn't actually white. The white rhinos have wider mouths and it was mistaken that the people were calling them "white". Hence, the name stuck.

Went to Nakuru town and tried the internet ( not very successfully) since the connection was very slow.

We camped near Lake Nakuru, and pitched our tent. It was a very chilly night. The facilities consisted of a pool table, bar, and according to Ezio "the nicest smelling pit toilet you have ever seen".

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb