David Sheldrick


Advertisement
Africa
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday, we visited David Sheldrick elephant orphage - it was amazing! The elephants were so cute - some of them there were only 1 month old and they were so small. They had to wear blankets to keep them warm enough, or they could catch pneumonia! They showed us two groups of elephants - the first was the really small ones, and the second group, which they fed 2 bottles of milk each to - they were huge bottles, and they all drank their two in about 2 minutes! They amde such a mess as well. I cant wait to go back when i am on the Oasis trip - one hour watching them was not enough!
Didnt really do anything on Sunday - went out at abuot 4 to play a game of pool, but that was it all day! In two games of pool i potted my first ball since i arrived in Kenya (we play quite a lot of pool...) and then won my first ever game, all be it by default when alun potted the black one instead of his red one, but i did only have two balls left to go before i could have gone for the black one!
Only had two lessons (both PE) at school yesterday, so i spent most of my time talking to the kids. Today i had 4 lessons - 2 english, 2 pe. I have nearly finished teaching them tenses, so they now have a test to look forward to, but i have promised those who pass a reward, probably in sweet form!
I think we are going to Carnivores this week. Apparently it is the poshest restaurant in Kenya, and serves meat - they bring it to you and carve it on to your plate until you put a little flag down to indicate you dont want any more. I am very excited!
We are also hoping to go to the ostrich farm to ride an ostrich this weekend. We were supposed to go on Sunday, but it had rained so much on Friday night that it was too wet, which meant it would have been unsafe. Hopefully it wont raint his weekend, or else i will take an afternoon off school to go.
I have uploaded some photos onto my facebook page, if you want to see what i have been up to so far. There arent many as it is very slow, but you get the general idea - there are some of the school and the kids that i am teaching as well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.885s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb