the next two days


Advertisement
Africa
February 15th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all of us. Today, better tonight we have the 16th of February. It is 1;13 o'clock and I'm still writing because I want to tell you so much but I'm getting tired because of work and the singleparty tonight and the big dinner yesterday… but I will give you some intresting point from the last two days. First working day. Going to a holy place where christens have been kill because of their believes and now there is a bibleschool. Going to church (we could join a very romantical “Heiratsantrag”…) We ate in a Chinese restaurant because valentine's day is a very important day. Next day working to, we had an accident at the medical centre. I learned how to see it with a microscop if somebody's having malaria and other things in the library (centrifugation…) going schopping for the evening, going to a singleparty from the church with playing,eating, having fun and dancing.
About the work tomorrow;-)
...
I sleeped very long till half past night, but because of a long talk between us we just finished breakfast by now 12 o'clock. So now I want to tell you exactly what I'm going to do at the hospital.
First they showed me every room in the hospital. We have a Pharmacy room including the reception a library, about ten rooms for the patient and outside a few places to lie down. We have an operation room (you can hear it sometimes). A injection room and a few rooms useing for and for patients if there are to much. Desinfection is abig problem. They 're using one neadle as long as they find a vain, lying it down and removing it again... And I think they don't using a lot of painkiller if they have some. You must to be hard and than you will survive it, almost always. We have a lot of malaria patient, abdominal diseaces, abcesses feet full of water, allergic reactions, but I don't think that we have many people with aids because there are special hospital only for AIDS and the doctor wants to take me with him ones when he has to go there. The doctors are working also with red light if the patients has got abscesses or things like that.
Yesterday I was in the library and a men told me how to anylize the blood with tests and different kind of liquids and a microscope. And how to see the maleria-bacterium in the blood. It was so interesting!
The most of the people understand english a bit, but it is very difficult to understand them and some of them can't speak or understand english at all. I really have to learn Luganda!
...Later more
Today the married people have their party and will will enjoy our day at home. Today it is very hot and we have no water the whole day. (I have to go to the toilette during the day but I can't use the toilette without water...:-)good fun!).


Hi ihr alle. Heut ist der 16. Februar und obwohl ich richtig müde bin, möchte ich euch doch etwas von der Singleparty, dem gestrigen Dinner und meiner Arbeit erzählen. Nach der Arbeit gestern sind wir zu einem Ort gefahren, an dem früher die Christen wegen ihres Glaubens verbrannt wurden. In der heutigen Zeit wird das Gelände mit den Gebäuden als Bibelschule benutzt. Nach dieser Besichtigung (ich noch in meinem Rot Kreuz Kostüm) sind wir in die Kirche gegangen und durften einen romantischen Hochzeitsantrag miterleben. Gegessen habe wir dann in einem superteuren chinesischen "Palast", was jedoch einen sehr dummen Kellner beschäftigte (was wir im laufe des Abends feststellen durften. Da ja Valentinstag war gingen die Gesprächsthemen meistens über Liebe und so "Zeug", was mich ziemlich genervt hat. Na ja, die Liebe halt;-)
Am nächsten tag hatten wir dann in der Klinik einen Unfallpatienten (Motorrad Unfall, sah böse aus) und ich habe gelernt Maleria Bakterien mit dem Mikroskop zu erkennen. Sehr interessant! Auch das Centrifugieren mit und ohne Strom war lustig zu sehen. Abends sind wir dann auf eine Singleparty von der Kirche aus gegangen. Anfangs war ich nicht so begeistert mit den diversen Spielchen, aber das Tanzen später hat mir dann umso besser gefallen;-)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0842s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb