Easter Sunday


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Bulawayo
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

April 7 and 8, 2007 Easter Sunday

I helped Pastor T with some of the things he had to arrange on the computer again today. His boys were out busy as teenage boys are so Dakotah did some reading. Wandered around outside and then watched a movie. We are going to have to find her a new book pretty soon. She’ll be done reading Odyssey anytime now.

Sunday we attended Revival Center for the Easter service this morning. The weather is a bit chilly but warming up in the afternoon. Oh ya, Pastor T arranged for a cell phone for us to borrow. So we can receive calls. E-mail me and I might give you the number if you want to speak voice to voice or text message to text message. Unfortunately, we didn’t bring our phone list with us here so we don’t have everyone’s phone numbers. When its 8am in Vancouver its 4 or 5 pm here…

Some random thoughts…

I really wish I could put photos onto my blog site but the site requires that the pictures be big and the phone lines here are just not adequate to handle them. Dakotah is still having fun catching lizards. They are such a regular thing here that the locals think she is crazy to pay them so much attention.

Richard (in New Zealand), maybe you can help fundraise for that church building when we are both back in Canada. And Pastor Temba says you should come here instead of Cambodia, Thailand or other. There’s always next time. Not much for paid work here though. I was able to read your blog on Saturday. You have been busy planning eh? Not in the evening though I hope.

The bunny ran around the house here pooping eggs out all over for Dakotah to find. She was so excited.

We’re going out to an aids patient care facility tomorrow. Yes we will be careful.

I don’t think I’ll ever complain about TP again. The ½ ply here almost disintegrates by the moisture in your skin.
An elementary school teacher makes about $400 000 Zimbabwe dollars a month… Fuel is about $17 000 per liter and rising, A package of 6 slices of sandwich ham is $36 000, A new battery for a car is $950 000, use of local phone line at home $250 per minute, 300ml bottle of Coke $4 200. One text message to Namibia $404.

A whole month’s salary could buy 23 liters of fuel and nothing else… No wonder the teachers are quitting.

Happy Easter Everybody. Celebrate this Good Day no matter what you have.



Advertisement



8th April 2007

miss you guys
HAPPY EASTER!!!iTS GOOD TO SEE THAT THE EASTER BUNNY IS POOPING FOR YOU KOTAH EVEN THO YOU ARE ALL THE WAY OVER THERE.IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE YESTERDAY +21JUST FOUND OUT THE OTHER DAY THAT MY NEICE HAS CANCER,WE ARE ALL HOPING THAT THEY CAN DO SOMETHING,SHE HAS 3 LITTLE BOYS.I WISH I COULD TALK TO YOU,BUT ILL JUST TELL YOU ON HERE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYS.TAKE CARE AND PLAY SAFE LOVE YOU SHELLEY XOXOXOX

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb