Mission in Technology


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Bulawayo
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

April 6, 2007 Pastor T’s House

http://www.christshope.org/

Today I spent most of the day teaching Pastor T about the computer. He doesn’t have much computer skills but learns fast. This man has organization in his head. Pastor T has been responsible for getting us to most of our work so far this trip, with help from Jenni who documents these things and helps to keeps him on track.

Christ’s Hope International- Zimbabwe is the organization that I am volunteering with here in Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe area mission is in it’s infancy right now. In Fact Dakotah and I are their first international volunteers. They have done many good things already including training of Choose to Wait teachers and home care but they have so much more to do. Pastor T is leaving for the UK to try and acquire sponsorship for Christ’s Hope International Zimbabwe. He will be speaking at several different churches and organizations in the UK and in USA. Of course people in the US and UK are probably used to fancy presentations but Pastor Temba has only been working on computers for a short time. In fact the computer that he has been using for Christ’s Hope Business is borrowed from another organization. (And Funny thing - It has a code sticker on it from Industry Canada) So I am helping Pastor Temba get up to speed with Word and Power point programs. We are working together to update a presentation that he can use for his trip. I have full confidence in Pastor Temba’s ability to speak and have his message heard so we really need to get the presentation filled with photos of the work we have been doing and with the wonderful people in the program. They don’t have any photos from before I arrived as they didn’t have a digital camera. The things that Christ’s Hope is trying to do are fantastic. They do need more finances though. Having a reliable vehicle would be a great asset too. The fuel prices here are sky high right now and the truck takes so much fuel that my budget is being eaten up in fuel costs. This is ok though, I’ve been able to work it out. But for people relying on the Zimbabwe dollar to pay for things, most people are parking their vehicles and walking. That would greatly reduce the impact of what a volunteer here could accomplish. I am thankful that Pastor T has been able to take us around in his truck but there are so many more things that could have been done, like experiencing the rural areas. It is just too far out of town for that truck.

Well that was an aside…I want to give Pastor T as much support in this as possible.

Whoever prays, Please pray for Pastor Temba’s safe journey and for confidence in all that he presents. And, to open the hearts of those who hear him.


Advertisement



7th April 2007

HAPPY EASTER
Hello I just wanted to say happy easter. You guys are doing the best thing for god on this joyous celebration by helping out his people. Love you lots Angie

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb