Dakotah's Blog


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Bulawayo
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Pastor T’s church April 1

Wow, pastor T’s church is so alive! Do you know how sometimes you have to have nothing to gain everything? Well, pastor T’s church is a living example of that. The church building is just a foundation that doesn’t even have the start of walls, let alone a roof. So, until they can build, and finish the building they are praying for no rain on Sunday. They are praying for no rain because what they are doing church in wouldn’t keep them dry. That’s because what they’re doing church in is almost like a tent, a wooden frame, and a tarp made out of corn sacks (that are ripping and tearing).they don’t even have a bathroom. But they do have spirit, and they’re going strong.


Hope fountain and dinner march 4

Today we went to the fountain of hope (it’s just a name). We went for a church service that they were holding (on Wednesday). But they didn’t even have a tent to do church under. But, at least they had a big tree to have church under; just like the saying: I always complained about having no shoes, until I saw a man that had no feet (pastor T told me that one). Anyway, I've never seen a man with no feet but I do understand.

In the evening we went to pastor T’s house for a potluck dinner. Eric, the training director of CHI (Christ’s hope international) was visiting, so we all gathered for that occasion. The electricity went off but it wasn’t that bad, nobody really minded because everything was already cooked. But the lights did come back on later. I spent most of the rest of the night telling riddles to confuse people. Do you remember this from a certain book?
Silver mail, never clinking.
Never thirsty, ever drinking.

P.S: if you have the answer please add it in your comment


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb