Footy


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jan 25
Day 10
Today I woke up early had some coffee and caught up on here while sitting overlooking the beautiful village below us. After everyone woke up we had some breaky then went to the hill called "top of the world" to play some soccer with the local kids. The walk was a beautiful stroll through the village holding hands with some local kids swinging them about. Once we finally made it to the top a few of us jumped in the game with the locals. Maydeena and I on one side Paul and Kathy on the other. It was so much fun but it did make us realize how out of shape we were and how terrible at soccer we were. Haha I did manage to get lucky and score a goal for us though. After our match we strolled back to camp where we packed up and hopped in the little van for the 3 and 1/2 hour bumpy ass ride back to lake bunyoni. 
When we got back I decided to go for a swim apparenty it's the deepest lake in Uganda around 6500 ft deep. So needless to say they had a small diving board and a tree you could climb and jump from. I hung there most of the afternoon then joined the group at the bar for a bit.
Our driver Patrick made dinner for us a very local typical meal it was a beef stew with mash potatoes. It was delicious. After dinner Maydeena Paul and I went to the bar to play some cards. Before we all nicked off to bed. 


Advertisement



Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb