Did anyone loose a cat


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
August 31st 2014
Published: August 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

If the Throne Room of God is on earth, we found it today!!

Incredible and amazing! Words can not sufficiently express the emotions of the day. We are in Serengeti, Tanzania, in search of cats, in particular a large spotted one that hangs out in trees. We sure found a treasure chest full of surprises. First, we spotted a few cheetahs tucked away behind some small trees. Not long after, perched about 20 feet high on a limb of a tree, the elusive leopard was spotted. What a beautiful creature. Uncertain of the gender, he/she laid there grooming herself and resting peacefully in the shade of the acacia. Shortly after that, a cheetah with her cub, casually strolling along a dirt path, a herd of Thompson Gazelle in her sights. And then there is Simba... We saw several lions, a couple males together sleeping off their full bellies (we got within 10 feet of them) and then we happened upon another lion with 2 lionesses laying on a rock in the middle of the open grasslands. A pack of elephants, 13 in total, were feeding not more than 15 feet away - 2 little ones tagging along.

lion- check,
Pride and joyPride and joyPride and joy

The King holding court
elephant- check, water buffalo- check, leopard- check. 4/5 of the Big 5. Unbelievable really. Will be searching for the rhino over the next 2 days as we head toward the Ngoro Crater area. We were so overwhelmed and emotionally spent from all the excitement of our finds today that we asked our guide to head for the lodge early so we were relaxing and laying by the pool sipping a cool libation by 3. A couple big baboons climbed up to our deck and ate an apple I had out there. Crazy!!!

Another God kissed day!!!

Mouahhhh

MnA


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



31st August 2014

So Awesome!
A & M! Wowzer....how His favor is upon you both! So wonderful to read of all these exciting finds. May He continue to shower you both with amazing discoveries! Here's hoping for that final Big Find! xox S
31st August 2014
Pride and joy

Did you meet any Gazelles named Giselle?
31st August 2014
Pride and joy

Just one
In 1985- teehee
1st September 2014

Wow
Reading your blog is making me so homesick! Glad to hear that you are obviously having a fabulous time :)

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb