Maasai Mara to Serengeti Tanzania


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
August 30th 2014
Published: August 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Off to another early start as we left our Maasai Mara tent camp at 0730 and headed for the Tanzanian border where we were meeting our new guide for the next 5 days, Edwin. Enrounte, we were very fortunate to see a cheetah with her 6 cubs. She was gorgeous!!! Sitting up proudly protecting her young. we came across a group of baboons gathering for their morning meeting, young in tow. We also witnessed a male ostrich courting 2 females. He managed to convince one that he was her man and as soon as the deed was done, he left her for the younger bird... Unfortunately for him, the second prospect flew the coup and left him wanting more... Such is life on the Savannah.

Since the travel to our new camp was going to be a long one, our safari drive this morning really was only about an hour. The leopard and rhino remain unseen but we have already seen so much and are grateful for each moment. Through the Tanzanian border, we bid farewell to Joseph, our new Kenyan friend. He was such an awesome guide, patient and went out of the way so many times so we
Cheetah and cubsCheetah and cubsCheetah and cubs

Check out the brown eyes on the bottom right
could get the best experience possible.

As soon as we were handed over to Edwin, he informed us that our accommodation has been changed to a different lodge - no explanation given... Dread of dreads- uncertain of what to expect now. Hopefully not another lol x 5 kind of day like last Monday. We arrived at the Tanzania Four Seasons Serengeti Safari Lodge 10 hours after leaving Maasai Mara. We are exhausted!! And overwhelmed beyond words!!! This lodge is spectacular. We truly are shocked and amazed and humbled at the favour granted us. Our room is a stone's throw from the open savannah. There really is baboon poop on our deck and we have been warned that if we leave our patio door open they will come in and help themselves to our clothes and anything else they might find interesting. The infinity pool ends where the animal watering pond starts. Elephants, giraffe, antelope, gazelle all come by to drink during the day and a person can sit back, enjoy a soak and literally talk to the animals!!! The dinner we ate was better than anything we have ever experienced. And- for some reason this "upgrade" is all inclusive so there is no extra charge for any drinks- we have been paying for all beverages including water at meals since arriving in Africa so this is very unexpected. Arnet especially enjoyed his first glass of African Shiraz- 2007 La Motte- which has just become his favourite libation of all time.

To this point, our African experience has been "more than we could have hoped or imagined".

Mouahhhh ,

MnA

Advertisement



Tot: 0.535s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb