Walking through fog is like being kissed by fairies - Tom 2014


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Mossel Bay
July 1st 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

I've discovered a few things while out here. 1 - the animals are smaller than you picture apart from great whites, 2 - almost everything is edible, 3 - everywhere smells of weed, 4- waking up to lions roaring will never get old but monkeys running across the roof will and 5 - I'd happily up-root and move here tomorrow.

Cage diving with great whites was incredible! 4 metre long, 400 pound rascals butting and biting the cage. It sounds insane but it really was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I still can't believe I was less than a metre away from them!
It was a 9 hour round trip to mossel bay but it seemed to fly by. We decided to cook for ourselves on the return trip as we have all pretty much been wiped out money wise by this weekend. This left us eating uncooked pasta with cheap sauce in a hostel in PE.

Halfway back to PE on Sunday we decided to break up the journey with a trip to the wolf sanctuary. This resulted in my pointing at them through the wire saying in disbelief "that's a wolf! I'm stood next to a wolf!" During our visit there for an unknown reason all 40 or so wolves started howling. It was very eyry but beautiful. There was a petting zoo on site as well which was brilliant because the animals are so eager for treats they swarm round you.

These next two weekends are going to be dull in comparison to the last two!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb