Merry Christmas Everybody


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town » Cape Flats
December 25th 2008
Published: December 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Summerview Cocktail LoungeSummerview Cocktail LoungeSummerview Cocktail Lounge

Perfect way to end Christmas Day - beautiful views over the bay and yummy cocktails
Merry Christmas everybody.

It is so hard to get into the festive spirit here as there is no Christmas joy anywhere. No decorations, no carols no nothing. The church bells rang this morning but other than that there is no spirit. We started the day with a champagne breakfast with Jason who works at the accommodation we are at then we wen to Camps Bay to a loveley seafood restuarant for luch. Everything was great - it just lacked that festive spirit we are so used to.

Tomorrow we leave Cape Town and head to George - a coastal town that offers scenic drives.

It was so lovely to speak to some of you for Christmas Day. For those we couldn't we hope you had a fabulous day.

Yesterday was spent at the Kirsetnbosch gardens wandering arond the flora and fauna. Cape TOwn is amazing - a lot like Melbourne with its laid back style and picturesque surrounds. A very livable city (if you can handle barbed wire on your fence and an armed security guard patrolling your premises all night!!!!

It will be sad to leave as we have grown to love this place.
Christmas LunchChristmas LunchChristmas Lunch

Our fabulous seafood restaurant. Pete paid for lunch so Kristabell and I held back and had a very mild time --- NOT!!!! Prawns, fresh catch of the day and expensive wine set an amazing scene.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Camps Bay BeachCamps Bay Beach
Camps Bay Beach

The water was freezing!!!!!!!!
Picnic @ KirstenbochPicnic @ Kirstenboch
Picnic @ Kirstenboch

The guinea fowl tried to make themselves at home and steal our food and beers!
Christmas CocktailsChristmas Cocktails
Christmas Cocktails

Perfect way to celebrate christmas Day in Camps Bay


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb