So much to write about


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town » West Beach
December 23rd 2008
Published: December 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Goat TowerGoat TowerGoat Tower

Amazing cheeses at this winery/cheese factory. The goats live in this tower - how bizarre.
Wow - the last two days have been amazing. Yesterday Kristabell and I took a tour through the Stallanbosch wine region and Pete went on a shark dive with the Great Whites at Hermanus Bay. Unfortunately due to poor weather Pete's tour got cancelled adn our wine tour got better as it was much better to be indoors drinking than out seeing the sites!!!!

The wines were interesting. They have a variety unique to South Africa called Pinotage - a grafted blend of pinot noir and hermitage. A rough taste which I'm sure would issue the famous "You can shove your pinot" line from father dear. The sparkling wines were nice. Scenery was beautiful.

Today the three of us took a tour down to the Cape of Good Hope, stopping on the way at Simon's Town, Boulder Beach (to see the very cute penguins), Cape Point lighthouse, and an unscheduled stop at McDonalds on the way home as I desperately needed a wee!!!

Visiting Hout Bay we took a boat out to Seal island which was hair raising. The seas were so choppy - half way there we all decided it was no longer fun and we wanted
Just one bottle....Just one bottle....Just one bottle....

Kath - we promise with the size of these bottles that we will cut down to one bottle a night!!!
to turn back. Except Pete! He was loving it. The seals were very cute when we got there (and smelly). Kristen was not feeling the best - needless to say green is not her best shade.

The penguings at Boulders Beach were very cute, and through the Cape Horn National Park we saw baboons jumping on cars - you have to keep your windows shut or they will crawl through and steal whatever food or drink you have.

Busy busy couple of days. We have booked a lovely restaurant for Christmas Day and need to spend tomorrow chilling for a bit - washing clothes etc etc.

Hope everyone is well.

Mum - sorry I missed your call so please try again.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cheeky BaboonsCheeky Baboons
Cheeky Baboons

They will steal anything if they can.
Cape HornCape Horn
Cape Horn

The view was amazing - the most south west point of African and some say where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Indian.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb