Mongoose in the Morning, with Klipspringer


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
October 15th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

No more meat pies! We had been to Hazyview the day before and Robert had a meat pie for lunch and by the early this morning was not feeling so well.

We were up for our early morning drive and were treated to a large and very powerful looking rhino come running past our car as we were driving down Waterhole road. We finished our drive down Waterhole and decided to head back and were treated to some wonderful mongoose on the side of the road. We also were stopped by a group of game drive vehicles looking at something. We finally got a sighting and it was a klipspringer perched on a rock. These are tiny little antelopes that perch on the tips of their hooves and are so very cute to watch.

Back to the camp to do some chores and try my hand at fixing pancakes. Turned out just fine and made some extra to have on our early morning drive tomorrow.

Did an afternoon drive and got to see one of the ground hornbills that had been banded for further study. You are supposed to report these hornbills for research but we have not done so as of now.

We crossed the bridge and came upon a large group of elephants feeding. One of them appeared to be angry at the world and flapped his ears at us and then we looked over and there were two young ones fighting. They were using both their trunks and tusks to charge at each other.



Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb