Young Male Lion, Injured Restless Cheetah


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
June 25th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

Number one at the gate and we are off. Head down the road toward the river and see two lions, one male and one female coming down the road and then they move off into the brush.

Then we are close to the T junction at Skukuza there is a leopard down in the gully. Finally got into position and watched it try to catch a impala. No luck but then the leopard moved up into the tree and we realized the leopard already had one kill up in the tree.

We then drive Numbi Road heading toward Shitlhave dam and pass a car and then see the car has stopped. Turn around and they have found a beautiful female leopard down in a gully. New rule when out on game drive, always check the gullies to see if there is anybody down there.

Watched until she disappeared from view. Some people who were watching along with us told us there was a cheetah about a kilometer back (actually 3 kilometers). Was hard to see in the beginning but we kept changing positions until got a fairly good view and sat and watched for a couple of hours.

In the evening we drove back to check on the leopard we had seen at the T junction and surmised it had moved because of the number of people on the gravel road that runs parallel to main road.



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb