Morning with a Black Rhino


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Hazyview
June 24th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -25.0557, 31.1318

Out for early morning game drive and saw a game drive vehicle moving back and forth on the road and we watched to see what was going on. He circled back around and told us there had been a black rhino and it had gone down toward the river.

We tried to find a place where the bank made it easy for the rhino to come out and also for us to see it. All of a sudden the black rhino came out on the road. Was huge! He came across the road and disappeared to the other side.

Luckily for us, it was where there was a side road that ran parallel to the tar road. We raced around and got to the point where we saw the rhino munching away on some branches. Watched him eating and another vehicle came up and we were both enjoying the view when all of a sudden, the rhino looked up and started to come right at us!

We visualized ourselves being a very zen like rock and he just walked right past our car and into the thicket across the gravel road. We circled around to the other part of the road and watched until he disappeared from sight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb