Agitated Elephants and final day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
September 2nd 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

leopard tortoiseleopard tortoiseleopard tortoise

one of the "little five" seems to hit the road when it has recently rained
Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

#1 at the gate again! Not sure what the deal is but it is ok with us. Things are pretty quiet and there is a threat of rain and we have a few sprinkles on our window as we drive along.

See a large herd of elephants crossing a channel in the river. Some of them seem agitated about something. There is trumpeting and running elephant with tail out and other indications things are not right for them. Never did see what had them so agitated but had to head back to finish our chores since we are leaving in the morning.

Washed clothes and hung them out as a temptation for it to rain since it is sorely needed. Turned the car in to be washed and compounded. Decided to walk over to the restaurant and have the buffet for a brunch. Worked on stories as we ate. Would recommend you get your eggs poached or order an individual meal but hey,it was nice and the view is always great to look at.

Back to camp, clothes dry and folded, car cleaned and compounded and we are pretty much packed up to make it back to Shoestrings. We did a very short drive and then to Cattle Baron for our last dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb