Kruger National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Two fantastic days in Kruger National Park staying at Tinga and Narina Lodge. Our group was split between the two lodges and we stayed at Narina. From the time we arrived it was fantastic. We were greeted with a refreshing towel and iced tea and shown our room. Each room is separated by a boardwalk and it is easy to feel that you are the only ones there. Each room has a balcony , splash pool and outdoor shower as well as an indoor bathroom, bed, lounge and all the usual facilities. No matter where you are, you can see the scenery outside. We were collected for the first game drive, six to a vehicle and introduced to our driver Alfred and spotter Lucas. Took a while to see our first animals, but as the drive continued we came across giraffes and some sleeping lionesses and two cubs. The baby behaved as all children do and kept climbing over the sleeping adults and older cub.

The next day we were out again and saw some elephants - sat an watched them for about half an hour. Headed back for breakfast and some down time (finally). Relaxed on the day bed
GiraffeGiraffeGiraffe

Our first game drive
on the verandah of our room and then went for lunch. Kevin had Impala kebabs ( passed some of their relatives on the way to our rooms). We sat and watched a hippo grazing in front of us while we ate. Our afternoon drive was a bit disappointing although our driver did spot the tracks of a leopard, a crocodile and a private car. Suspecting poachers he and the spotter set off with a rifle and left us in the car. They did return after finding nothing. Back to Tinga for dinner with the others. Tonight was a brai (South African for BBQ).

We left the following morning after the most wonderful experience. Slowed by a galloping rhino on the way to meet our bus. When we got there, many people were looking to the river. Unfortunately when we got there, we were told that there had been 8 lions crossing. Some of our group saw them though, as they crossed the road in front of them.



Next stop Chobe and the Zambesi river


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Baby elephant walkBaby elephant walk
Baby elephant walk

We sat for about an hour watching this herd of elephants stripping bark and leaves from the trees. They are so gentle .
Lioness and cubsLioness and cubs
Lioness and cubs

There were two sister lionesses and each had a cub. One was 10 months old and the other 3 years old. The young one was very boisterous
Setting up for a sundownerSetting up for a sundowner
Setting up for a sundowner

Each game drive saw us stop for a sundowner in the evening and a coffee in the morning
HippoHippo
Hippo

This hippo grazed for about an hour in front of us while we had lunch


Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb