More Big 5 to Find


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Entabeni Game Reserve
November 23rd 2022
Published: November 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This morning we once again embarked on a game drive at the local reserve to see who was out and about. Before leaving, however, we once again heard the monkeys behind the tent. This time I caught them in action as they climbed over the roof of the building behind us. One was a mom carrying her baby. Along the way we found the dependable hippos, along with elands and Sable antelope. We also found some new birds.

After lunch we boarded the big bus to travel to Entabeni Game Reserve to continue our hunt for the Big 5. Our goal was the find the lions or the leopards. We found the lions resting elusively behind a stand of trees only knowing of their presence by occasional movement behind the trees. We did not find a leopard, but a pair of cheetahs sat boldly out in the open even posing nicely for photos. There were rhinos here and there about the reserve, an elephant making a meal of a tree and giraffes sparing with each other. The reserve was plentiful with zebras, wildebeests, impalas, and baboons. We also spotted a variety of birds. All in all a good day with the animals.

Tomorrow will be our last full day at Hippo Lakes with two local game drives.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0939s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb