PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 26th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we were in transit. We decided not to drive back to Cape Town after a chap told us that a flight was available out of East London, which was about 2 and a half hours away. Roger didn't fancy the long drive to Cape Town even though the route is stunning.
Well what can I say, never believe distances told over a drink. This journey took us 4 hours. We disbelieved the Sat Nav and ended up lost. Fortunately we were able to do a U turn on the motorway. We broke every speed limit imaginable. A lorry driver coming in the opposite direction at one point flashed Roger a warning, he was able to reduce speed and sure enough around the bend was a police speed trap.
On arriving at East London airport we abandoned the car outside the car rental return office, seriously, it was like something out of a film, and ran to check in. We checked in at 11.40 for a 12 o'clock flight. Can you imagine that with Easy Jet.
We arrived in Cape Town and reality hit home, we had an 8 hour stopover for our connecting flight. Blow that. Another £100 to change our flight to an earlier one.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb