WE'RE NOT GOING HOME.....


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 25th 2010
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We’re not going home, we’re not going, we’re not going, we’re not going home. What a day. Today was unreal. We started the day with a walk along the beach front and just happened to bump into Ray Clements who insisted on having his photo taken with Roger. We passed the Team hotel again and had our photo taken with their coach in the background. That’s as close to the Team that we got. Ha Ha.
After that drinking all the way. We cannot believe how good the weather has been. We settled for a nice bar on the waterfront. It is unbelievable the amount of effort supporters’ put into their dressing up for the England matches. We have seen the Capello boys, Knights of St George, one even was sat astride a panto horse and Zulu soldiers to name but a few. The Mounted Police have been extraordinary as well. They even let the Knights of St George get up on their horses to pose for photographs. Never seen that happen at Wembley.
Everyone was in an optimistic mood believing that England are at their best when they are up against it. Come on England. Again we have been surprised by the calibre of person we have met. One chap couldn’t afford the trip so his mate paid for his flights. Two lads, Jason and Glen, had travelled alone, met in their accommodation and hooked up together to travel around etc. Everyone has a little tale to tell. One of the boys carry’s a flag of St George in his pocket. He has his children’s names on it and all the places he has been to watching England.
When we left the bar we got on the shuttle bus to the stadium. When we got on their were 8 of us on board. We picked up supporters along the route. Before long the bus was rammed. Then the fun started. There was singing and dancing on board. People in the streets were taking photos of us; cars were hooting their horns at us. It truly was a magic bus. I can’t remember ever taking a trip like that one. What a hoot.
Once again the stadium did not disappoint. It is based on the theme of an open sun flower. Again it was awesome. This time we had fantastic seats behind the goal and we didn’t feel the need to move as we have done at other games. Once again the amount of England flags was breathtaking. What support. We were all delighted at the result. My boy, John Terry, was immense. What a star.
After the match we went back to the Board walk and met up with Andy and 30 of his male employees. I was the only female. We sat with his sons, one being Nathan, what a legend. One of Nathan’s friends is arranging for us to stay in Sun City, if we want to, we will see. We had dinner with these guys and then left the worse for wear, as we have an early start tomorrow. What a day my description of events doesn’t do it justice..



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb