STAR GAZING


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Elizabeth
June 23rd 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

People we have met have told us that PE was the pits. We have found it to be quite a lively resort, it has an English sea side feel about it. Some think like Clacton and some like Eastbourne ha ha.
Bit of news. Dumb and Dumber may not be able to find their way from A to B, but we can sniff out the England Team Hotel in PE. The security around it was a sight to see. We asked a burly security agent what time the Team would arrive and he told us between 4 and 5. Right. We would be back, to have a word.
In the afternoon Bafana Bafana were playing and Andy was in town with some of his employees. We met up with Andy and he offered to keep our seats in the Bar whilst I carried out my Groupie duties. I’ve got to be fair here, Roger was not over keen to go chasing the England Team, he would rather have been watching football and downing the pints, but I was adamant. We got back to the Team Hotel and waited. Roger had had enough, he had left his pint in the bar and went back to watch the match. So I waited. We heard on the Radio Bafana were 2 up. Still no Team and it was starting to get dark. Roger then reappeared. They wouldn’t let him back in the bar because it was full and people were queuing to get in and he had missed both Bafanas goals. Still no Team. So we went to the Casino to watch the match. The English are in town and the bars are full.
Didn’t get to see the England Team. In the evening whilst dining at the casino we had Norman Cook (Fat Boy Slim) sitting at the table to our left and on the table to our right the referee for our match tomorrow. An England supporter went to the referee and tried to have a photo taken with him handing the ref a wad of money. Can you imagine what the Sun would have done with that? The fan was soon shooed away minus a photo.
Big day tomorrow. Come on ENGLAND !!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb