OFF WE WENT WITH A TRUMPITY TRUMP


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Elizabeth
June 22nd 2010
Published: June 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6 to walk the elephants. What an awakening. This is something we are glad to have had the opportunity to experience. There was a foreign TV crew here filming the elephants play football. Harry had more control than Rooney.
The Owner of the Park told us GMTV would be with them on Tuesday doing a live broadcast. We are miffed that we won’t be around for that, as we would have put our England gear on and waved the flag for England. The photos of the elephants walking around the water hole, in the sunrise, don’t do justice to the actual scene. It was indescribable. Unfortunately my camera isn’t good enough to give a true impression but I hope you get the idea.
We were joined on our elephant ride by some English people who were also here for the World Cup. Like us they are having the time of their lives. Roger and I got to ride Harry, well he was the biggest elephant and Roger and I are no light weights for the poor creatures. We plodded around and Dumbo sitting behind me aka Roger lost his glasses. He couldn’t see anything then until he could find his spare pair and that was in Port Elizabeth!!!!!!! .It was quite hairy when the handler got Harry to put a bit of speed on as we were well bumped around. Ooooh Aaaaah. After the ride we got to bid our farewells to the elephants and as a parting shot Roger got to feed his little friend Tattoo with her formula. Great end to a great trip.
We had a three hour drive to Port Elizabeth. The lovely scenery continued. In the evening we went to the Boardwalk and ended up in the Casino. We were sitting at the bar when we met the Boys from Brentford, strangely enough they even supported Brentford. Can’t understand that when Chelsea is just down the road. Ha Ha Boys. After all of us sitting, drinking and putting the England Team to rights Roger and I rolled into the Casino restaurant and had our dinner. Luckily we didn’t play the tables as I’m sure we would be broke now.
Big day tomorrow for Bafana Bafana.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb