East London to Patensie ( Baviaans adventure)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Locked doorLocked doorLocked door

Danie with the strong "cheap" lock
Danie joined me from Bloemfontein for our planned trip to the Baviaanskloof.

He travelled the previous day all the way from Bloemfontein, having departed in freezing conditions. Thank goodness for the "heated grips" Daan. He only started defrosting at Aliwal North!

Next morning I finalised some last minute work commitments, and then were ready to leave. Ready to go, I realised that my helmet and gloves are stll in a now secure and locked house, and the key for the lock with Jillian. Must be the age catching up.

Tried to break lock without success, But Daan with his experience saved the day!

Eventually we were on the way. First stop at Daans plot close to Kaisers Beach for a quick look around and then we were on the way!

We took the route via Port Alfred and then stopped at Nanaga Farm Stall for their famous Farmhouse breakfast. Highly recommended and will keep you going for the rest of the day!!

From there on past Port Elizabeth, then the old road past the bottom of the Van Stadens Bridge, and then onto the Hankey, Patensie road.

At Hankey we stopped at the Sarah
The lockThe lockThe lock

Break the lock side ways not up!!
Baartman Monument, and then onto Patensie were we arrived at our accomodation on Hermanus Potgieters farm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kaisers BeachKaisers Beach
Kaisers Beach

The view.
Nanaga Farm StallNanaga Farm Stall
Nanaga Farm Stall

The home of the Farmhouse Breakfast
Van Stadens BridgeVan Stadens Bridge
Van Stadens Bridge

Van Stadens Bridge from the botton. Bridge of many suicides.
HankeyHankey
Hankey

Saartjie Bartman Monument


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb