Baviaanskloof


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape
August 4th 2012
Published: July 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Danie going through deep waters 13 secs
We awoke early on Hermanus Potgieters orange farm in Patensie, thanks to all the early farm noises. Got going, back to Patensie to fill up with petrol and then to "Padlangs" farm stall for their famous "Leeuloop Breakfast". A massive breakfast to keep you going for the day.

After breakfast we left for the Baviaanskloof. We took our time and took various great photo's. At the Cape Nature office at the entrance, they said that there is a possilbility that we won't be able to cross some rivers, and then maybe will have to turn back! The previous night a bakkie got stuck in one of the river crossings.

We stopped at the World Heritage Site information centre where a very helpful and informative Noel Isaacs showed us around.

With that in the back of our minds we carried on. As we progressed we encountered various river crossings and it seems that it was getting deeper as we carried on towards Willowmore. We took some great videoclips! As Daan said "we went through deep waters today"!

From Willowmore we took the cement road to Steytlerville, where we booked into the Royal Hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb