Mahe in a day


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Mahé
July 11th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Baie Lazare when it looked nice!
Our mates only have two weekends here and one of them will be in La Digue so this is our time for the big explore of Mahe.

We headed first for the south and Baie Lazare, which was gorgeous when the other one’s mum was here but now had debri scattered along its length and what with the overcast skies, it looked like the Southport of Seychelles. We had a quick dip and decided to push off to Anse Intendance, a first for all of us.

The beach where the Banyan Tree is, it’s known for its beauty and strong current. Being a complete wuss, I merely watched as the waves crashed in, annoyed with myself that I couldn’t quite bring myself to dip in though Abs had no such qualms, jumping in and giving us all a fright when he didn’t pop back up again quite straight away. The beach was another on a curvaceous bay with wide sands and palm trees, it was stunning but to me not so different from many others but then I’m probably soooooo jaded.

Lunch was had at Surfers on Anse Parnell and the usual Seychelles wait ensued but when the food eventually came, fish and chips for me, it was pretty yummy. There was a problem with the bill, it was way too much and we got it corrected but not sure if it was a genuine mistake or opportunity for a rip off thinking we were tourists.

In search of calmer waters so that Z could have a wee dip too, our last stop was at Anse Royale. We went for a snorkel and saw loads of fish, small zebra ones and long white silvers before deciding that seven hours and four beaches was probably more than enough.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb