Rwanda Genocide


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall. Always.” - Ghandi

In history, there has been the best moments and the worst. The United States winning World war 2. Hitler coming to power and causing the most well known genocides of all time. the Bay of Pigs attack around the Cold War. The Great Depression, 49ers are out of the Super Bowl, Cubs haven't won a World Series. As for those not noticed or mentioned, the Rwandan Genocide and the Native American Genocide. The Rwandan Genocide killed 800,000 Tutsis people and was around the time of April and June 1994. It was caused by a Tutsis rebel group that killed the President in an airplane attack with a rocket. The Tutsis and Hutus always had a feud against each other. They were basically the same people both lived in the same land, shared the same religion and traditions, and same language. The Tutsis were said to originate from Ethiopia. With the dead bodies of the Tutsis, they threw them own the river claiming that they were going back to Ethiopia. More causes where that Tutsis were considered upper class and had their Independence from the Hutus. The Hutus were upset ,so they planned against the Tutsis to get their homeland back.

The Hutus took action to kill the entire Tutsis people. Military ordered to kill neighbors and gave incentives. The significance in history of the Rwandan Genocide is that it was triggered by many things inequality one of them. The slaughters were in churches, schools, and hospitals. Knowing inequality of two closely related groups of people can become a reality in one of the places known today such as South Korea and North Korea and Israel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb