Saturday 29th October 2016


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 30th 2016
Published: October 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we had our first look round the camp site. It was small but friendly with a small viewing area to see birds, lots of yellow weaver birds. The ablutions were interesting with curtains instead of doors and only an open perspex roof. We found one of our party had a leaky roof, rain had poured in over their bedding and they had had a rotten night. At least we hadn't had that.

We were soon on the road 194km to Swakopmund on west coast, through the desert on unpaved gravel. We prepared ourselves and set out with dust flying everywhere. We were passed on the way by a couple indicating something wrong so stopped butcouldn't see anything amiss. They eventually stopped and said I had indicator going! What a relief that was easily solved. They joined us for coffee then we carried on. Finally we arrived on the west coast coast and blessed tarmac even though all covered in sand. Others had not survived so well. We stopped at a wreck to find one of the vans had a broken gear box which our mechanic was trying to fix. They were eventually able to limp to camp but will need a new clutch. 2 other vans had punctures on the way. Our escorts had two! We felt lucky to arrive safely.

Our campsite for the next 3 nights is amazing. We each have our own hook up electricity, a bathroom with shower, a barbecue, outside washing up area and own tap. At last we can all use airconditioning at the same time. However the temperature is now only 19c and feeling chilly! So wedon't need it.

In the evening we had a load of people on our pitch for a braii. Evening ended early though due to drop in temperature.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb