Mauled by a Cheetah!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 22nd 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our transit stop between Etosha and Swakopmund is one that the majority of people on the trip have been looking forward to, in fact, for many it was probably the highlight of the trip! We arrived at Otjitotongwe Cheetah Park (www.cheetahpark.com) in the early afternoon; it was hot, hot, hot. We all waited in the bar, had a few cold ones and played with Ruby, the Jack Russell pup until the Cheetah arrived at the bar, yes, the Cheetah! Tzu (we think that is her name) is a wild Cheetah brought up by and in the company of people. She was lovely but still just as deadly as was shown when she decided to be in a bad mood with her owner and nip, bite, scratch, claw and basically maul him a few times, drawing quite a bit of blood and scaring us all a little bit more than we already were. The reason behind it was that it was a hot day, she was hot and just wanted to be left alone, we all did (leave her alone that is)!
After our close encounter we jumped on trucks and went into the Cheetah Park proper where we watched Cheetahs being fed and feeling strangely like we were canned humans ready to feed the lovely Cheetahs. 15 Cheetahs fought to get the best photographic pose whilst catching meat in front of our predatory camera lenses. What an experience.
After a nerve shattering day we all went to bed thoroughly exhausted and luckily in one piece!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb