Etosha and the Waterhole


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 20th 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

We embarked on another lengthy journey to the Etosha National Park in the north Namibia. Our campsite that evening was very nice. There were no upgrades left so we made do and erected our trusty dome tents where we would be spending the next two nights.
Our campsite was situated beside a popular watering hole where many species of animals came to drink and where we would spend the next two days wildlife spotting.
That evenings meal was not too appealing to Charmaines tastebuds so we went to the campsite restaurant where Charmaine indulged in a buffet of roast beef and gemsbok (tasted like a cross between beef and pork), followed by a good serving of ice cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmm.
That evening we got a good seat at the watering hole where we watched a herd of elephants drinking and splashing about. Three lions showed up later in the evening while many giraffe nervously looked, waiting for an opportunity to quench their thirst without being pounced upon. A black rhinocerous also showed up as well as many jackals and springbok. It was late in the evening when we went to bed and it was also late in the evening
BeautifulBeautifulBeautiful

Sprigbok at sunset
when we realised that neither of us had paid for Charmaines meal at the restaurant!
The following morning the Acacia group got up early and went into the National Park for a game drive. We were destined for a lie in after a late night spent at the waterhole. Also, we’d been really spoiled on our game drives to date and just couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed! After a hearty continental breakfast at the campsite restaurant and discovering a most enormous black wasp at an adjacent table (they’ll serve anything at that restaurant), we grabbed our cameras and binos and made our way to the waterhole once again. That afternoon was particularly hot and many animals came to drink including a couple of warthogs. Much time was later spent in the coolness of the swimming pool playing “piggy in the middle”, followed by a good old cup of “rosy lee” in the shade.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb