Windhoek and Arebbusch, Namibia. CIVILISATION!!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia
October 19th 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Windhoek at around 1030. We were given to 3 o’clock to go shopping, have lunch, use the internet etc etc etc. It was wonderful, we had lunch in KFC (woohoo!!), changed all of our money to Rand, commission free. We were quoted 14% commission in Zambia! It was a breath of fresh air for the two of us. We had a look around for a new Gerber multitool for Darren as his has mysteriously gone missing (all our stuff gets locked in our locker from now on).
Windhoek was a place totally “out of place” in Africa. Any shop you want, big shopping centres, car parks, just like any city in the UK.
After our wonderful day shopping and just chilling out it was back on the truck for the 10 minute journey to the Arebbusch campsite. This campsite has grass! Real grass! No sand, no dust, but grass. Driving to were we would be pitching our tents we passed the holiday bungalows, we all couldn’t help but notice the satellite dishes and aircon units, an upgrade was in order!
All the others from the truck went out for some serious game eating and beer drinking at Joes Beefhouse while we stayed and watched some movies, had a great dinner (Kudu for Darren and ribs for Charmaine), and used the FREE (!) wireless internet in the bar and restaurant for a few hours to call our families (we love Skype), and to try and sort out our accommodation for the Maldives and Sri Lanka. We went to bed thoroughly satisfied, fed and watered.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb