I love Namibia!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Swakopmund
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

So I think last time I left you I was in Rundu, Namibia. Well the amazing times have been getting better and better since then!

We left Rundu....early in the morning once again and drove to Etosha national park. The park has 3 campsites in it, one on each side and one in the middle so the plan was to stay at all three and drive through the park in BOB (Bright Orange Bus) our very old and sad bus/truck that is no built for comfort. The campsites in the park are really good....hot showers, flushing toilets, pools and bars on site which were all well needed after a day of sitting in BOB in the hot sun. We had some fantastic viewings of animals and even found a male and female lion in the middle of a serious mating session...which apparently lasts for 2 weeks! The last campsite we stayed in had a fantastic water hole where you can sit and watch the animals come down for a drink.....while we were there we saw 2 rhinos, a black and a white...that was fantastic.

From Etosha we drove to Spitzkoppe which is an area of rock formations and we camped at the base of the highest formation which is about 1900 metres high....yet another amazing night out under the stars. During the day we visited a local school and handed out pens etc to the kids, had a football game and took hundreds of photos of the children....they were gorgeous :-)

Yesterday we boarded BOB again for the trip to the coast and visited a colony of seals....very smelly! And then made our way down to Swakopmund where we get to stay in bunglalows with real beds!! For 2 whole nights! Needless to say we all had to celebrate at the local bar and also went out or our first meals away from the truck for some time...our cook Irvin is a fantastic cook but theres only so much camp food you can handle! So we headed out to a local seafood place and had a fantastic meal.

Today we started with a dolphin cruise and just finished a quad bike ride through the Namibian desert...fantastic! We're off for a group dinner tonight before we leave tomorrow for a night camping in the desert.

Hope you're all well

Sorry no photos again as i forgot to bring my camera.

Trace :-)

Advertisement



5th October 2009

Hi Hotty !!!
Hi Hotty !! Lovely to hear you are still having a blast over there. Robert says hi. I never realised until now that I would like to come back in my next life as a lion.Keep on having fun and I can't wait to see photos when you finally post some. lol. Stay safe TB XXXX
7th October 2009

Hi
Hi Trace, I feel like I'm on the trip with you guys. It sounds fantastic and I look forward to your emails. I check every morning to see if there is an update. Thank heavens for modern technology! Take care........Di
11th October 2009

lots of food!!
Hi Trace, I'm so jealous of this trip! It's all I've ever wanted to do!! You seem to talk about food alot though!! Glad you've included Namibia's flag, was that one that you got wrong on a recent quiz??

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb