First Bush Camp


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Where's the toilets then?
Waited three hours at the border for our visas, so we ventured down to the local village and braved a bar that was blaring out mega loud music. It was fun trying to order because we don't speak Portugeuse and it was deafening in there. We sat on the steps outside, next to some young lads that were playing draughts made with cardboard and bottle tops. Journeyed into Mozambique until dusk and set up camp just off the road. The ground was very sandy and dotted with vicious little acacias. Had a huge camp fire and made damper, which is a simple dough mix that you roll into sausage shapes and wrap around a stick, to toast over the fire. With no light pollution, the stars were stunning and Ed pointed out a few stars to us. Both dosed up on imodium (who wants to poo in the bush?) we went to bed, listening to a nearby cow mooing loudly.

Morning
Despite dosing up on imodium, nature calls and Jase had to face the bush. Nice! We all hopped on the truck and got stuck in the sand, so everyone got off and pushed, and we were on our way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb