How not to fill in visa forms


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Harare
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Borders
After crossing lots of borders, we thought we had it sussed, until Zimbabwe! Under the section "occupation" you can write pretty much anything...astronaut, engineer, prostitute maybe...but whatever you do, don't put information officer. Duh! Rach got grilled at the border by two officials (so you come to seek information?) who suspected she was a journalist - the BBC are banned from Harare. After much explaining, Rach had to fill in a special form declaring she wouldn't collect any information on the political situation in Zim and stating she needed to report to immigration at Vic Falls (was never asked for it again and I'm now officially a teacher!).

Harare seemed a very quiet city. We had to wait two days to get any cash, as the exchange rate at the bureaus was 250 to 1 and we got 100,000 to 1 - which makes a big difference when you're getting a round in.

Advertisement



9th July 2007

Teacher
Well,iv heard it all now jason.You to have gone on a far away trip to become a teacher and a reporter. cannot fault you both enjoy yor life to the full. keep sending the bloggs , they are great reading. see you soon. (baz)

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb