Enjoying Morocco - Moulay Idriss


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
September 28th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Moulay Idriss is a smaller city of about 20 000 people that dates back to approximately 780 AD, from my recollection of what the guide was saying, the King has a special fondness for Moulay Idriss, and therefore prohibits the people from making any changes or upgrades to the city. It was founded by a descendant of the prophet Mohammed.

When our big truck arrived in the tiny market place square, it had only a little trouble backing up in to a parking place. Immediately there was somebody at the truck door offering to be our guide to show us around for 20 Dh each, me and Jordan and a couple others opted out, and just sort of wandered up towards the direction the look out should be. Some old guy kept following us and pointing us to go this way and that way, but we just kind of ignored him, and he left us alone. That is when we soon realized we would never find our way on our own, and magically some young guy found us wandering around, and began pointing us in this direction and that direction, a little hesitant at first; we followed. SO glad we did, we saw some neat view points of the city, and took a tonne of photos. (so much for our budgeted 50 photos each a day!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 35; qc: 147; dbt: 0.1727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb