Catching up in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
September 26th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone. Sorry, it´s been a while since the last post. We thought we´d summarize the last week or so.

Following the wedding in St. Quentin, we took the train to Arras and hung out there for a couple of days. We didn´t do anything special, but it was nice to catch up on laundry and internet. Arras is a pretty little town and our hotel was at a great location in the central square.

From Arras, we took the train to Calais where we spent the night before taking the ferry across the English Channel to Dover. Not much to Calais other than the Ferry terminal.

We stayed at a great bed and breakfast in Dover just down the hill from the Castle. We spent a couple of days exploring the Castle and the famous White Cliffs. On the Saturday morning we made our way back to the ferry terminal where we met up with our Dragoman group and trip leaders.

Our group was originally meant to be 11, but one lady could not make it as she came down with apendicitis at the last minute. So that made us 10. Thanks to Air Canada, and
Café?Café?Café?

Jordan trying to be creative...
the Toronto airport, another girl made it to Dover minus her luggage. She stayed behind to wait for it and hopefully we will meet up with her in Malaga, Spain this afternoon. Our group consists of 4 Canadians, 3 Americans, 2 Aussies, and 1 Kiwi. They are an experienced group of travellers to say the least. Aside from the girl we are meeting in Malaga, Kathie and I are the youngest by far. We are also the only couple on the trip, which was a bit surprising. Our leaders have about 2.5 years each of experience with Dragoman. Dave "The Hat"and "Captain Ben".

So far, our route has taken us through Calais, Le Mans, Bordeaux, Madrid, and today Grenada. Lots and lots of driving...but it will get us to Africa faster so that is good.

Tomorrow we will be introduced to the Beaurocratic insanity that is the border between Spain and Morocco. It should be an interesting day.

Kathie and Jordan


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Arras 1Arras 1
Arras 1

Arras by night. A street near our hotel.
Arras 2Arras 2
Arras 2

The view from our hotel room.
CalaisCalais
Calais

On the beach in Calais.
Dover Castle 2Dover Castle 2
Dover Castle 2

Jordan at Dover Castle.
Dover Castle 3Dover Castle 3
Dover Castle 3

Kathie at Dover Castle.
Dover Castle 5Dover Castle 5
Dover Castle 5

Keep built by Henry II.
Dover Castle 6Dover Castle 6
Dover Castle 6

Trebuché!!!
White Cliffs 2White Cliffs 2
White Cliffs 2

It's a looong ways down...
White Cliffs 4White Cliffs 4
White Cliffs 4

The Dover Castle seen from the white cliffs.


1st October 2007

Photos added
We finally got q chance to upload some photos. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb