Water well prep


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya
September 15th 2018
Published: September 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

9/15/18

Well Mister had a good crow for us this morning but it was rather subdued compared to yesterday’s wake up. We were off and running, right after a delicious breakfast of French toast and bananas.



Our first stop of the day was back to the Chilodi CrossFit Health Centre, where John Renourd, the founder of WHOlives, tested the area for the the spot to drill a village well. There were several test spots where he used wire, a solid round piece of steel and an app that helped determine the best place to discover water. When that was accomplished a few local workers began the process to prepare the site for the drill. They raked, dug and uprighted the equipment to begin drilling; however they discovered there were a few parts they needed to replace first and thus the operation was stopped for the day.



The group shut down for the day, and we went back to our village to retrieve our luggage, say our goodbyes and head to the Indian Ocean in Mombasa for a two night stay. Our plans will work around the water well progression, but we hope to do a bit of R and R before checking in on the well and then heading out to the Tsavo East Safari.



The Beach hotel is incredible with stunning local meals, and the beach right out our sliding door makes it that more enjoyable. A nice dinner, and then off to bed for the next days adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb