Obama!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Masai Mara NP
November 5th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good morning new world!

We got the news out in the van on a sarfari trip early this am....I think I'm the only American here..but everyone is happy! Tomorrow is a national holiday in Kenya! Everywhere in the camp I hear Swahili and the word Obama....

We have been on safari for three days now....we started out at Lake Nakuru on Monday and saw many animals, including a huge rhino up very close....flamingos, a leopard (asleep in a tree and hard to see...) and hyenas among others...

We then drove to the Masai Mara on Wednesday and will stay here til tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon we were able to see giraffes, lions, and elephants up close! This morning we went out at 6:30 am and saw small animals along with wildebeasts....and then (right after the news about Obama's win) we saw a cheetah...I have many photos and will post them later....

In a short time, we will go for a hike with some Maasai men....

This is such a wonderful experience..!

If you want to see pictures of the camps, try looking up Flamingo Hill Camp and Savova Mara camp.

All for now,
Lynn


Advertisement



5th November 2008

Outstanding!
I love hearing that this is so widespread - thank you! I also look forward to the pictures...it's always amazing to me to see how the big cats and little cats have similar mannerisms. Happy Traveling!
5th November 2008

Thanks for the messages.
I'm enjoying your trip.
8th November 2008

What a blast
Just browsing through the blogs thinking back on our trip to Kenya and Tanzania 3 years ago. Keep on the great blogging I still have to finish mine and believe it or not the memory does start to fade so keep journaling. Even about the smells, and textures of the country side. You are going to have a trip of a lifetime. Ngorongoro Crater is spectacular hope you get there. Have fun.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb