Accra never sleeps


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
October 8th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It took me quiet a while to adjust to the random noises at night in Accra for example the local mosque loud speaker prays throughout the night , random loud speaking and numerous animal noise . Its official Ghana does not sleep, forget New York . lol
I must say my social Ghana is much than London , the bars and clubs and restaurants are very welcoming , you always have a good time and meet new people .

Best places to go out are Osu aslso known as Oxford Street and Labardi beach on a Wednesday reggae beach party . Despite this there is still a long list of places that i really want to go .

I have 5 weeks left in Ghana but am thinking of maybe staying for 2 weeks longer . I want to travel a bit more . i have so far been to Ada Foah , which was one of my best weekends away . We stayed in beach huts that had no running water or electric and there were crabs everywhere lol . It was such a fun weekend, i would love to go back . the food was lovely and so were the staff at the resort . It was so quiet and peaceful , it was fishing village that was about 15 minute from the mainland . The resort is called Maranatha beach resort. All the proceeds from th resort go the village school which was founded by a Ghanaian Rotarian who had no formal education because he was poor and also because the school was a boat ride away . I spoke directly with the director he lives such a minimalistic life and really does care about the future of the children from the fishing village .


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb