bit more of ghana


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Eastern » Koforidua
January 25th 2011
Published: January 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just got back from spending the weekend in Busua, which is by far the nicest bit of Ghana- could have spent several weeks there. The town itself is tiny but the beach is about 2 miles of sand and sea with several little surf bars at one end. The only catch is that it takes about 7 hours (at least) to get there. But we made it slightly more bearable by traveling the 2 hours to Accra on thursday and then leaving at 6am on friday to get to Busua at about 12:30. Due to the serious lack of guys at Kwamoso i was traveling with 4 girls (german Katja, dutch danny, french deaf Stephanie and Australian Zoe), and i can happily say that its easier traveling with guys. The journey back was somewhat hellish, despite traveling with Shane and this girlfriend Esme, as we took a Metro bus (slightly nicer coach) from takoradi to Accra (about 5 hours). For the first hour we had some ghanian witch doctor selling "healing crystals" and then once he was done the driver turned on the ghanian equivilant of eastenders at full volume for about 2 hours, had to shout to talk to shane and had a mind numbing headache for the rest of the day. But wasnt so bad as once we got home at 7:30 we found out that the girls were still in Accra so cheered us up a bit. All in all though it was a great weekend.
the building site is coming along quickly and the windows should be going in tomorrow or later this week. Its still crazy hot as the dust from the sahara that usually forms a sort of haze over the country has decided to go away, for today at least.
Time is going pretty quickly so far as i only have two weeks left in ghana before moving on to south east asia but its been good so far, as the new stuff is still exciting and the "I hate Ghana days aren't that common" (although there are moments).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb