Daytrip to Alexandria


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Mediterranean » Alexandria
July 3rd 2001
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took a day trip to Alexandria. It was really nice up there. The drive up there was pretty enjoyable too.

Anyways, in Alexandria we went along the Cormche and then looked at a palace called El-Muntaza. We also took a look at an aquarium and Fort Wait Bay, which was being reconstructed with some of its original pieces.

We then drove along past the huge Alexandria Library, and made our way to the Catacombs at Kom El-Shogafa.

For dinner, we had Pizza Hut. I was so happy to be eating something familiar to me. I love Pizza so much, so I was one happy person. But I do admit I need to steer clear of the junk food, and try something local.

We went for a walk along the Nile as the sun was setting for a few nights. It was so nice. The locals were very friendly, and we were even invited on board some of the boats on The Nile. There were a few wedding's, and as we were walking past we noticed the locals all like to watch, so we did too. And the people on the boat were very keen to have us visit.

We met everyone from the tour at the hotel. Everyone is from Australia, and they are all pretty nice. We all went to the Cairo Museum (again, yes), and then went to visit the Pyramids (this time during the day). They look so much bigger in the day time. The Sphinx was great too.

David and I decided that we would climb the biggest Pyramid. It was a hard climb, and very steep inside, not to mention freaking hot. By the time we reached the top, I was so hot and tired, that I didn't even want to walk back down again.

That night we got the overnight sleeper train to Aswan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb